ACCA OBU Service
OBU 1V1 Service
ACCA and Oxford Brookes University have worked together to develop a BSc (Hons) Degree in Applied Accounting, which is available exclusively to ACCA students who wish to obtain a degree while studying towards the ACCA Qualification.
There are lots of benefits to completing the degree, the main one being a degree and a professional accounting qualification are a powerful combination of qualifications to have, putting you in demand with employers and increasing your career prospects. But don’t just take our word for it.
About this course
The course includes the following contents:
1. Pre recorded videos (OBU services)
2. Electronic study note (printable format)
3. Three 1V1 live online meetings with our qualified OBU mentor
4. Tutor support via email (Unlimited modifications to your project until we believe that you can submit your project to the OBU)
Business & Management
Demo of the pre recorded OBU course
Dr Janice Toh
Registered OBU mentor, Deputy Head of Penang Branch Campus, TAR UC
Dr. Janice Toh is currently the Deputy Head of Penang Branch Campus, Tunku Abdul Rahman (TAR) University College.
She has facilitated various management and finance workshops as well as presented several finance papers at national and international finance and management conferences. Prior to her current position, she has more than four years of working experience in the manufacturing and banking industries within the administrative, operations and credit departments. She is a Certified MyTRIZ Level 1 instructor and Certified MyTRIZ Level 3 practitioner. She has conducted several TRIZ workshops for the undergraduates of TAR University College. Besides, she is also a Certified Buzan Licensed Instructor and has conducted Mind-Mapping® courses for teachers and students of primary, secondary and tertiary levels. Besides, she is also the Registered online mentor for Oxford Brooke University and Master Project Supervisor for Wawasan Open University. She strongly upholds the life-long learning spirit and has continued to explore her research not only in the area of accounting and finance, but also in thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, she is also involved in TRIZ fashionista, looking into the possibilities of applying TRIZ models and tools in the fashion industry. Fashion industry is a sector notorious for its high rate of business casualties and short product lifecycle. This has triggered her interest to explore extensively in this area with the aim to provide an insight to the practitioners as to how they could use TRIZ models and tools to serve as fantastic springboards for their business. Her Publications:
1. Toh, G.G. and Z. Ahmad. (2010). “Does Malaysian Investors’ Judgement Exhibit Reference Dependence?” Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 6, No. 1, 109-133.
2. Swee, Nikalus S.L., Yip, M.W., Chee, S.K., Tai S.C. and Toh, G.G. (2013). “Managing EWaste Using Triz.” International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 1, 19-22.
3. Swee, Nikalus S.L., Yip, M.W., Chee, S.K., Tai S.C. and Toh, G.G. (2014). “Improving Energy Efficiency Using TRIZ.” Journal of Clean Energy Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, 149- 154.
4. Yip, M.W., Keong, C.S., Swee, N.S.L., Tai, S.C., and Toh G.G. (2014). “Best Practice of Systematic Innovation Approach: A Case Study of TRIZ in Manufacturing Industry.” International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology.